Sunday, September 19, 2010

Introduction

Hello.

I am Collin Lally; welcome to my blog. In this space I intend, primarily, to write about my interests (namely: mathematics, physics, computer science) and my projects within those fields, although I expect that the occasional interesting-but-mundane experience will percolate through to the blog.

What lies ahead?

For the near future (at least the span of a few posts), I am going to write about CAS, a work-in-progress, toy computer algebra system that I released just the other day. Computer algebra is an interesting problem space, and a good one in which to grow one's programming skill set -- there are problems of parsing, data structures, rule-set definition, and more. None of this is cutting-edge, of course, but I find it interesting, nonetheless. In the coming days, look for an overview of the CAS architecture, and a post each on its most significant current parts -- parser, differentiator, and simplifier.

No comments:

Post a Comment